
Min-ja's
Ok, so Christmas was coming, and I, like every other thoughtful mom in America was trying to do the last minute shopping for my kids. Foster, my 4-year-old, specifically told my husband that he wanted min-jas. Let me translate: he wanted those tiny little plastic ninjas that you get at CiCi's pizza when you put your coins in that quarter eating, toy holding, rip-off of a machine they have in the back by the video games. Are you all hanging with me here? So, 2 days before Christmas, while I was out running errands, I decided to stop by CiCi's and get the min-jas. I scratched through my purse and came up with 6 quarters (pretty good, I thought) while I sat in the CiCi's parking lot. I walked in the door and waved at the manager, "I'm not here to eat, just here for ninja's." -as if everyday a mom walked in for the same reason. So, I walked to the back and started pumping in the quarters. Honestly, I think it ate every other quarter without giving me a min-ja. "UGGGGGH!!! I just want my min-jas!" I had to go to the manager so many times to replace my lost quarters, that he finally came back there with me and watched as I used the last batch he had given me. After about 20 minutes, I left with a half a dozen min-jas and a great story to tell Foster one day. I got home and carefully placed them in the tin spiderman pencil box I found at Hobby Lobby, (the perfect min-ja container, by the way), and I wrapped them all the while imagining the look on Foster's little joyful face when he opened them. And he delivered. The min-jas were a hit! They went on our post-Christmas trip with us, and I even think most of them made it back home to Texas, too. The things we do for our kids!
Ok, so Christmas was coming, and I, like every other thoughtful mom in America was trying to do the last minute shopping for my kids. Foster, my 4-year-old, specifically told my husband that he wanted min-jas. Let me translate: he wanted those tiny little plastic ninjas that you get at CiCi's pizza when you put your coins in that quarter eating, toy holding, rip-off of a machine they have in the back by the video games. Are you all hanging with me here? So, 2 days before Christmas, while I was out running errands, I decided to stop by CiCi's and get the min-jas. I scratched through my purse and came up with 6 quarters (pretty good, I thought) while I sat in the CiCi's parking lot. I walked in the door and waved at the manager, "I'm not here to eat, just here for ninja's." -as if everyday a mom walked in for the same reason. So, I walked to the back and started pumping in the quarters. Honestly, I think it ate every other quarter without giving me a min-ja. "UGGGGGH!!! I just want my min-jas!" I had to go to the manager so many times to replace my lost quarters, that he finally came back there with me and watched as I used the last batch he had given me. After about 20 minutes, I left with a half a dozen min-jas and a great story to tell Foster one day. I got home and carefully placed them in the tin spiderman pencil box I found at Hobby Lobby, (the perfect min-ja container, by the way), and I wrapped them all the while imagining the look on Foster's little joyful face when he opened them. And he delivered. The min-jas were a hit! They went on our post-Christmas trip with us, and I even think most of them made it back home to Texas, too. The things we do for our kids!

2 comments:
Oh how I love the life and times of Foster Robert Elkins! Keep 'em coming... I know your kids and there are plenty of great stories just like this one waiting to be shared with the rest of the world via Coffee Cup Conversations! Welcome back, sister!
I would have provided the quarters if I could have watched this whole scene unfold! Do you remember before we had kids, and had our dignity intact? Those were good times...good times...
Love the story!
Jennifer
Post a Comment