10 years ago today
10 years ago today it was a Saturday. I remember I got up and went to my friend Kristie Harrick's apartment to borrow an outfit for my date that night. That afternoon I went back to my little seminary apartment and worked for a couple of hours on my scrapbook. Robert and I had been dating for 4 months and I hadn't put anything in my book in a couple of months, so I wanted to get caught up (life before kids). I spent some time doing my hair and getting dressed and then Robert picked me up around 6:00. He said he had to go to a practice room to pick up his keyboard before the music building closed and asked if I cared to go with him. Of course I didn't care, I would do anything to be with Robert! When we walked into the practice room (the same room he had initially asked me out in for our first date) he had decorated with heart shaped lights, flowers and had music playing. It was in that spot he asked me to be his wife! I, of course, said yes and we began our journey.
The past 10 years a been a true trip together. Both graduating seminary, taking our first church together (FBCE), the death of Robert's granny, buying our first home, church shooting at Wedgwood (our seminary church home), the birth of 3 children, Robert seeing his dream of becoming a published arranger and orchestrator come to fruition, and now the leading of the worship ministry at FBCE. Robert is still the love of my life and I'm so grateful God brought us together. His laid-back easy goingness is a perfect compliment to my impatient, questioning of the future.
Can't wait to see what trip God has planned for the next 10 years. And I'm so glad Robert is the one I'll be traveling with!
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love it! So fun to remember back! :) I cannot wait until I can look back on 10 years with my wonderful husband! Whata journey! So glad we are on it too! :) Love you have a wonderful day!
Hey Girl...how fun! I love this blogg idea! Keep these great entries comming! I loved strolling down memory lane with you! Thise first moments with your spouse are so fun:)
Love ya-
Sarah
Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I especially enjoyed all the pics. Your family is so cute.
You are way too computer-savvy for this "low-tech red neck" as I like to call myself. I'm just learning how to email! I miss you and think of you often. We have moved to El Paso! I'll have to fill you in later. This is so fun to read to catch up on you guys. I'll email you soon...
Love
Jennifer
Post a Comment