Thursday, February 02, 2006


Miracles in 2005
2005 was a year of miracles, suprises and God showing His faithfulness to the Elkins family. Last year, in February, God gave me a "verse for the year". I don't think that has EVER happened before, but I clearly knew that when I read Ephesians 1:17-20 He was trying to tell me something.
...may God give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his INCOMPARABLY GREAT POWER for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms.
I felt that God was telling me He wanted to show His power in my life, my family and in my church. Robert and I prayed that God would use us in whatever way He wanted to show His power! Well, almost immediately God began to give me more opportunities to sing and lead worship, which I had been praying and hoping for for years. I was asked to lead worship for our women's event at church that hosts over 1,000 ladies! Not only that, but God brought Elaine (Gore) Thomas, my best friend from my growing up days, back into my life after a several years of loosing touch with each other. Lainie was able to be at the women's dinner that significant night. It was amazing! In 2004, our friend and mentor, Kim Noblitt, resigned his position as Minister of Music at First Baptist Euless, and it left us feeling sad, alone and directionless. But in the spring of 2005 God began to show Robert that he should step up and carry the mantle of worship leader for our church. You have to understand, Robert is absolutely happy and fulfilled being in the support role, and does not in any way crave the spotlight! After Easter, Robert was named Interim Minister of Music, and the Lord has abundantly blessed us through the encouragement and support of our church family. It is truly a testimony to God's power...to raise up an instrumentalist as a worship leader. WOW! In the summer, Elaine Thomas and her family moved here from East TN to begin the journey of seminary (for her husband Bradley) and full-time staff positions at FBCE for them both. The Elkins and the Thomas clans have quickly become family! Doors have continued to open for me as a worship leader for women's events at other churches and ministries. God also brought another dear friend, Kristie Kinsey Brown, and her husband back to FBCE after a 5 year stint in Florida. Our church had an amazing year...and after recovering from some financial trauma, the people of FBCE gave the Lord over $10 million in 2005. It has been a lot to celebrate and be thankful for. I was almost sad to see 2005 leave us, but I'm eager to what 2006 has in store.

No comments: